Read more on "Where to Travel Each Month of the Year? January – July" »
JANUARY – Yucatan
Winter is Yucatan’s high season, and the most exciting adventures you will experience are from the 20th of December when the season begins. Throughout January you can enjoy the most pleasant weather, the clearest turquois water, the most beautiful nature, the brightest landscapes, the most inimitable beauty of undersea world and the highest level of service. Yucatán expects tourists to visit the peninsula in the winter months, so the service is of the highest level during that season.
We advise you to reserve well in advance if you plan to be in Cancún around the holidays in order to book the best hotel rooms and the best resorts.
January is a perfect month in Yucatán as the temperatures are ideal, around 25-30C (77-86F) while the water temperature is around 20C (68F), which is perfect for swimming.
Interesting facts about Yucatán:
- Yucatán has one of the new Seven Wonders of the World: the iconic pyramid Chichén Itzá is located here
- Yucatán has the longest pier in the world, over 8 km
FEBRUARY – Colombia
Colombia is special. It has only two seasons: dry and rainy. Traveling to Colombia in February means that you will have a chance to enjoy the beautiful warm and sunny dry season in most of the country.
Besides glorious warm weather, in February there is also the Carnaval de Barranquilla in Atlantico that is always widely celebrated in the country. Being one of the largest events in the world, Carnaval de Barranquilla dates back to the 19th century. Due to its importance to locals, all regular activities are completely canceled, and the entire country participates in this carnival event.
Interesting facts about Colombia:
- It’s the only country in South America that has a coastline on both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea
- Colombia has one of the highest capital cities in the world.
- It is OK for Colombian children to drink coffee
MARCH – Galapagos Islands
The Islands of Galapagos are visited all year round; however, March is the best time to discover this beloved tourist getaway. Why March? Because the average temperature is about 24C (75F), and water temperatures are around 25C (77F) – offering perfect weather conditions for an exciting holiday. This season is also excellent for diving and snorkeling as underwater visibility is the best of the year. However, you should put on sunblock with SPF 30 or higher not to get sunburnt.
- The oldest island in the Galapagos, Espanola, is be 3.5 million years old.
- Due to its location on the Equator, the Galapagos Islands have an equal 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of night throughout the year.
APRIL – Fiji
April is a fantastic month for visiting Fiji. First, it is the most budget-friendly month to go. Pleasant temperatures do not have the chill that comes in September and June. You will also experience wonderful sunshine without the fear of getting burnt or having sunstroke. The hottest temperatures here are in the months of July and October. It is not recommended to visit the island in these months since the extremely high temperatures are scorching.
- Fiji is made up of 333 islands, with 223 of them being uninhabited.
- Fijians raise their eyebrows as a non-verbal way to say “yes”.
May is the cheapest month for traveling to Hawaii. If winter is the high season for Hawaii, summer is the low one. So May is somewhere in the middle between the two. What does it mean?
It means that the Big Island is not over occupied with tourists in these months, but the weather is still wonderful, about 27C (81F) on average, and about 24C (75F) in Honolulu, Hawaii’s capital city on the island of Oahu. The sea temperature is about 26C (79F) – perfect for beach recreation.
Interesting facts about Hawaii:
- Hawaii’s nickname is the “Aloha State.” Aloha is used both as “hello” and “goodbye” – and to express the overall hospitable spirit of the Islands.
- Surfing, or “Heenalu” in Hawaiian language, was basically invented by the Polynesians when they came here a thousand years ago.
JUNE – Australia
From the crystal water to sparkling sands and gentle seaside, unparalleled cuisine, unbelievable nightlife and gorgeous beaches, verdant forests and beautiful nature – Australia is a favorite destination for Canadians. Average temperatures are about 21C (70F), and the sea temperature is around 19C (66F). All these conditions make Australia one of the most desirable places to visit.
Interesting facts about Australia:
- Australia is as wide as the distance between London and Moscow
- Melbourne has the world’s largest Greek populationoutside of Athens
JULY – Peru
Peru is a wonderful destination for those who love mild climate, gorgeous landscapes and amazing scenery. So, if you are fond of hiking, this destination is just perfect for you! If you dream of exploring the Andes Mountains, July is the best time to go: it’s dry season so the climate is perfect for hiking.
Interesting facts about Peru:
- Peru is the third-largest country in South America
- Mashed potatoes, French fries and chips – all of these snacks owe their origin to Peru.
- 60% of the country is covered by rainforest.