Moscow & St Petersburg
Guaranteed Departure Tour – 8 Days
Price – from USD 1,799
Discover the extraordinary history and culture of Russia on this Guaranteed Departure Tour featuring Russia’s biggest and most beautiful cities of Moscow and St. Petersburg.
2017 Tour Departure Dates
- LOW SEASON 2017
- 13 January, 20 January, 27 January 2017
- 03 February, 10 February, 24 February 2017
- 10 March, 17 March, 24 March 2017, 31 March 2017
- 07 April, 14 April, 21 April 2017
- HIGH SEASON 2017
- 12 May, 19 May, 26 May 2017
- 02 June 2017
- 07 July 2017
- MID SEASON 2017
- 14 July, 21 July, 28 July 2017
- 04 August, 11 August, 18 August, 25 August 2017
- 08 September, 15 September, 22 September, 29 September 2017
- LOW SEASON 2017
- 06 October, 13 October, 20 October, 27 October 2017
- 10 November, 17 November, 24 November 2017
- 01 December, 08 December, 15 December, 22 December 2017
- Day 1 (Friday)
Upon arrival in Moscow, you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel to check in for 3 nights at the 4 star Holiday Inn Sokolniki Hotel. Conveniently located by Sokolniki metro station – just 6 stops from the city centre with no line changes. Evening at leisure. (Check in from 14.00 hrs)
- Day 2 (Saturday)
After breakfast, our English speaking tour guide will meet you at Reception at 10.00am for an orientation tour of the city, starting with a tour, on foot, of some of the spectacular underground metro stations in Moscow, known as the ‘Palaces of the People’ when they were first built. You will be amazed at the beautiful sculptures, bronzes, mosaics and crystal chandeliers. Later, by coach, you will see some of the famous landmarks and places to which you may return at your leisure. The tour sights include Red Square, the Kremlin, Sparrow Hills, Bolshoi Theatre, Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, Victory Park, Novodevichy Convent, the White House and the famous Moscow streets. Tour concludes at around 16.00hrs at the hotel or you may stay in the city and make your own way back to the hotel.
No entrances included today. Evening at leisure.
- Day 3 (Sunday)
After breakfast, your guide will take you to the famous landmark of the city, the magnificent Kremlin. Within the territory is the fascinating Armoury Museum, your guide will include a visit to this spectacular collection of costumes, silver and arms amongst a vast treasure trove of exhibits. Return to the hotel at around 13.00 or you may stay in the city for further exploration and make your own way back to the hotel.
Entrances today: Kremlin, 1 Cathedral, Armoury museum. Evening at leisure.
- Day 4 (Monday)
Check-out at your leisure before 12.00. Free time until early afternoon departure transfer from the hotel to the railway station. Be ready in reception for transfer to Leningradsky rail station for your journey from Moscow to St Petersburg on the high speed Sapsan train. Departs Moscow at 16.30 hrs *. Arriving at approximately 20.45 hrs, transfer with our local guide and check in to the 4 star Solo Sokos Vasilievsky Hotel . Evening at leisure. (*Train times may vary)
- Day 5 (Tuesday)
After breakfast, departing at 10.00 hrs, your panoramic orientation tour of the city will commence. You will see all the major sights of this beautiful city, St Petersburg. You will see the world-renowned Hermitage Museum, housed in the Winter Palace, Peter and Paul Fortress and pass along Nevsky Prospect. St Isaac’s cathedral is also on our route, as well as the Church on the Spilled Blood. Included is a visit to Peter and Paul Fortress, a fort which guards the city of St Petersburg, located on the island, facing the Hermitage and dominating River Neva. Built as a fortification during the Russian-Swedish war, it was never used as a fortress and its bastions were turned into political prison cells. There a son of Peter the Great, Prince Alexei, a famous pretender to the throne, Princess Tarakanova, writer Radischev, Decembrists and revolutionaries were held as prisoners. Peter and Paul Cathedral, designed by Tresini, contains the remains of Russian rulers since 1725.
Return to the hotel at around 14.00 or you may stay in the city for further exploration and make your own way back to the hotel. Entrances today: Peter and Paul Fortress.
Evening at leisure.
- Day 6 (Wednesday)
After breakfast, departing at 10.00 hrs*, your guide will take you to visit the Hermitage Museum – the magnificent collection of art in the winter palace of Catherine the Great. One of the largest museums in the World, founded in 1764; its collection includes over 2.7 million items, including masterpieces of Leonardo Da Vinci, Raphael, Rodin, Rembrandt, Rubens, French impressionists, – a feast for art lovers. Return to the hotel at around 14.00 hrs or you may stay on at the Hermitage and return to the hotel on your own at your leisure. *Timings may vary and will be confirmed by your guide
Entrances today: Hermitage museum. Evening at leisure.
- Day 7 (Thursday)
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be taken by your guide to visit one of St Petersburg’s most prized Palaces. In the town of Pushkin (formerly Tsarskoye Selo) 29km south of St. Petersburg, is Catherine’s Summer Palace. The construction of the palace for the Empress Catherine started in 1717. A park in the French style was laid out around the palace and, in the middle of 18th century, Tsarskoye Selo became the official royal residence. This palace is famous for the ‘Amber Room’, now completely restored to its former glory. Not far from the Catherine’s Palace there is the Lyceum where the great poet Alexander Pushkin studied. Return to your hotel early/mid afternoon.
Entrances today: Catherine’s Palace. Evening at leisure.
- Day 8 (Friday)
After breakfast at your hotel, check out by 12.00 am and your departure transfer will be provided to the airport / station as required. Further services / programme extensions can be provided upon request.
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation* based on two persons sharing a twin room:
3 nts Moscow – 4 star Holiday Inn Sokolniki Hotel, standard room
4 nts St Petersburg – 4 star Solo Sokos Vasilievsky Hotel, standard room
- Breakfast daily
- Transfers: arrival/departure in Moscow and arrival/departure in St Petersburg: Applies to international city airports and main rail stations – supplement for river ports and for transfers between 22.30 – 06.30 and on public holidays
- Sightseeing program with English speaking guide
- Entrances: Moscow – Metro, Kremlin with Armoury museum,
St Petersburg – Hermitage Museum, Peter and Paul Fortress, Catherine’s Palace
- Standard class day train from Moscow to St Petersburg
- Visa support letter for duration of tour
- 24-hour emergency contact
Not included in price:
- International Flights
- Any meals, beverages, sightseeing entrance fees not specified in the inclusions
- Photo and video charges at museums and places of interest
- Extra personal costs incurred at the hotel
- Extended visa support
- Hotel registration fee payable locally in St Petersburg
TOUR OPERATES ON MIN 2
- Check in after 14.00 hours (Moscow) 15.00 hrs (St Petersburg). Check out by 12.00 hours
- *Accommodation may be substituted with similar grade hotels
- Tours and timings may vary according to local conditions and substitutions may be made if necessary. Visa support – is supplied for duration of tour only. Extension of visa support costs CAD 60 per person.
- Russian Visa – you will need to obtain a tourist visa BEFORE you arrive in Russia
- Important – remember to apply for your visa at least 1 month prior to travel