For millions of travelers, the country of Japan is a favorite place to visit. Due to many years of isolation from the rest of the world, Japanese culture has developed a unique identity in this cosmopolitan world that has slowly become an eclectic mixture of various traditions and cultures.
Everything is so different there: mentality, traditions, cuisine, clothing, business etiquette, family values, behavior, and life philosophy. Japan is not only different from the Western world, but also from its neighbors; it has almost nothing that is similar to other Asia Pacific countries.
No matter when you come to this country, it will capture your imagination forever. Japan is one destination that should definitely be on your bucket list. However, we suggest that you visit in 2017, as there are so many events going on in the Land of the Rising Sun that you should not miss this travel season!
There are many cities that are worth visiting in Japan: Kyoto, Osaka, Kutchan-Cho, Nara, Hatsukaichi, Yakushima, Hakuba-Mura, and others. But the heart and soul of Japan is definitely in Tokyo, its capital and economic center.
Tokyo never sleeps, so citizens and guests who come here fall in love with the vibe, atmosphere, and innovative beauty of the Japanese capital. The best seasons to visit Tokyo are spring and autumn when the weather is mild and pleasant. In spring you can also witness the wonderful cherry trees blossoming like nowhere else on earth.
If you are not afraid of hot temperatures and the possibility of sudden rains, you can come here in summer. The positive features of coming during summer months are the many festivals and events taking place in the Japanese capital, as well as open-air swimming pools and aqua parks, fewer tourists and discounted prices, summer fireworks, and, of course, the craziest ice cream you will ever taste.
What are the best places to visit in Tokyo in summer 2017?
Yes, this is the first question that all tourists ask themselves when planning a trip to Japan. Well, the country capital has it all for all kinds of tourists: museums and temples for history lovers, parks and open-air recreation zones for those who love nature and serenity, hi-tech museums, and the world’s most innovative architecture for those who love technology.
Japan has even more: don’t forget about the unique cuisine with outrageously tasty dishes and unusual, Japanese-style attractions that will excite even the most seasoned tourists.
The best Tokyo attractions:
- Tsukiji Market – the largest market in the world, with 2,000 tons of fish per day, will amaze almost any traveler
- Meiji Shrine – a Shinto shrine built in honor of Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken. You can visit not only the building itself, but also the forest located nearby, which has more than 245 species of trees from around the world
- Imperial Palace – no doubt, the most famous attraction in Tokyo. What is more, it is not crowded with visitors as it has an official limit of guests. So, plan your visit in advance. We suggest visiting East Gardens.
- Sensoji Temple – one of the oldest religious sites in the Japanese capital. Worth visiting for any tourist, as it is extremely beautiful and sumptuous.
- Ginza – the most luxurious street in Tokyo, and the most popular. The prices are expectedly high, so shopping will cost you a lot. But here you can enjoy the fanciest restaurants, the most exciting shops, and high-quality everything.
- Tokyo National Museum – if you visit just one museum in Tokyo, you had better choose this one. It is the most popular and a must-see museum in Tokyo.
Summer is also a perfect time for those who love festivals. Here is the list of the wonderful Tokyo fests that you can enjoy while visiting the Japanese capital:
- Sumida River Fireworks – July 29, 2017
- Shinjuku Eisa Festival – July 30, 2017
- Fukagawa Hachiman Festival – Mid August
- Summer Sonic (Tokyo & Osaka) – August 19-20, 2017
- Asakusa Samba Carnival – August 27, 2017
- Tokyo Koenji Awa Odori – Late August
To Book Your Trip
Contact our Travel Advisors:1.877.999.4768