There are thousands of fascinating destinations for travelers seeking snow, but packing for cold weather is not as easy as it might seem.
Here is a list of packing suggestions to use when preparing for a ski vacation:
- Pack warm heavy coats on the bottom and lighter things on top
- Cold weather requires lots of warm clothes; be sure to bring long underwear
- Pack hand moisturizer, first-aid cream, and antibiotic ointment; remember sunscreen and lip balm!
- Pack boots, shoes, and a few pairs of socks
- Bring scarves, gloves, and a few warm hats
Carry a coat with you on the plane
Even if it seems heavy and cumbersome to carry on, you don’t want to risk being without it if your luggage gets lost. Moreover, on the plane it can double as a cozy pillow.
Smart tech friendly gloves
When you need to use your smart phone and the temperatures outdoors are below zero, your fingers easily freeze if you take your gloves off. Nowadays people tend to use their smart phones very often when skiing or snowboarding. Touch sensitive devices are necessary for taking pictures and posting them on multiple social networks. Having touchscreen winter gloves can save your skin from getting dry and frozen. If you’re a winter sports lover, tech-friendly gloves are essential for your ski resort holiday.
Bring several pairs of socks and undies
Socks are important – a key item for any ski traveler. Some people are good with everyday socks in their ski boots; others swear by special skiing socks. It’s up to you to choose, but remember to bring lots of them as they are essential. Ideally, you need at least one pair of socks for each day of the trip – and a couple of spares. Regarding “unmentionables,” definitely bring quality long underwear; be sure they are made from polyester rather than cotton.
This list of items may be long and could differ by individual. However, there are some essentials that everyone should remember:
- Tickets, money, passport
- Transport tickets (online confirmation)
- Holiday/accommodation/ski hire details
- Travel insurance
- Map, GPS, or mobile app with location details
- Ski boots/snowboard boots
- Skis/snowboard (in ski bag)
- Day rucksack
- Warm hat/beanie
- Neck warmer, scarf
- Waterproof ski jacket
- Waterproof ski trousers
- Waterproof gloves or mittens
- Thermal bottoms
- Several pairs of socks
In addition to regular ski gear, don’t forget about items that could simplify your trip, such as plug adaptors, PJs and slippers, toiletries, chap stick, sunscreen, and moisturizer.
To Book Your Ski Trip
Contact our Travel Advisors:1.877.999.4768