Tips for Visiting Florida
- Fans of shopping should pay special attention to the shopping center located in the port of Miami; the huge number of fashion brands will excite you.
At this shopping mall it’s possible to find literally any goods and to get them at the most attractive prices.
- If you are planning to travel around the state and not stay in one city, we suggest that you rent a car. This would be a wise and money-saving decision, especially if you are traveling with a group.
You should remember, however, that there are enormous downtown traffic jams in the morning and evening.
- If you are looking for beach recreation, we suggest that you travel to the east coast of the state.
Local beaches there are ideal for all kinds of surfing. So, if you like active vacations, Florida is an ideal choice for you. The western coast, on the contrary, is very quiet and relaxing; it is an excellent place for family rest or romantic getaways.
- Florida has unique climatic conditions; it is possible to go there in any season. It’s an ideal place for tourists, as your vacation will not be spoiled by weather (except maybe by hurricanes from August to November )no matter what time of year you come.
Florida is a place where winter temperatures seldom fall below + 18°C. The state is often visited in winter by tour lovers and pedestrian tourists.
- It is highly recommended to buy tickets in advance for entertainment events and amusement parks. If you don’t want to stand in long lines for a few hours, think about booking tickets online.
- Florida is a place where you can pay with your credit card almost everywhere. The only time you might need cash is in remote shops or small beach restaurants.
You don’t need to take lots of cash with you when walking anywhere; however, we suggest that you always have some dollars in case you can’t pay with a card.
- If you are a nature lover and really admire picturesque scenery in foreign countries, this advice is for you. Explore the Florida National Scenic Trail Road. The railroad runs through the whole territory of the state; one of the most beautiful stretches goes around Lake Okeechobee.
- Walking in national reserves is possible only if you are accompanied by a guide, and many areas are closed for free visits. Outdoor recreation is widespread in Florida, but you shouldn’t settle in for a picnic in the first park you encounter; you need to know their specific rules in advance.